Saturday, July 14, 2012

Waterfalls By The Still Waters


This post was written for the picture prompt in Faith Filled Fiction...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
As I watch this picturesque scenery I see God's perfect creation in all it's pristine glory! The sun kissed sapphire sparkling water sliding down the protruding rocks and smoothly dropping onto the still bluish green waters,the lush green tall trees and the clear blue sky! They all reflect God's perfect handiwork in making a paradise on earth for us! Unfortunately, for humanity to survive we have to disturb God's perfect nature !
As we journey through life we are wrought with many trials and troubles which are beyond our control! The waterfalls, still waters and the lush green tall trees have symbolic meanings to my life!
The Waterfalls:

"Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterfalls;
All thy waves and thy billows are gone over me."Psalm 42:7 .
Many a times trials have swept over me without warning like a tsunami ,before I could even realise what hit me ! I have stood watching helplessly , unbelieving , not knowing what do !
Just like the waterfalls, crashing down, cascade after cascade, wave upon wave ("deep calls to deep") my overwhelming troubles have crashed over me, till I felt like I was drowning in a sea of troubles. (thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.)
Yes, my faith has been shaken,doubt has crept in,but by spending more time with God,I have now built a fort of strong faith around me to defend me against periods of doubt!

The Still Waters:

'He leadeth me beside the still waters,'Psalm 23:2
Many a times I have been parched, and needed to be led to the cool, still waters! God has answered my prayers and has given me peace, quiet and contentment in my mind , amidst my difficulties! And whatever my lot has been, His Grace has led me to have tranquility and serenity in my mind!

The Lush Green Trees:
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
Jeremiah 17:8
This is God's promise to those who trust in His word and have unshaken faith and trust in Him.

And finally this is my daily prayer:
'At the river I stand Lord, guide my feet and never let go of my hand,precious Lord.'Amen.

Pin It now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com