Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Chocolate Eggs With Cream Cheese


Chocolate  Eggs - soft boil egg lookalike ... so very pretty and appealing!




Hate soft boil eggs? Well, you would love this soft boil egg, that is, if you have a chocolatey sweet tooth!!

I came across a picture of this choc soft boil egg on the net and I knew that I HAD to try out this cutie!! If you are lucky to get readymade empty choc shells from the stores, then that’s absolutely great. But I belong to the unlucky group who live in tiny towns where such items are unheard off. But that is not going to deter my enthusiasm or my decision to try out this soft boil egg. What’s the big deal? Yes, I WILL do it from scratch!


Armed with my resolution, I selected 12 eggs...
 I broke the top quarter of the eggs and emptied the eggs on to a bowl (use the eggs for baked dishes or omelets or whatever you crave for, at that time! :)


I washed the empty egg shells , rinsed them in soap water.Wash again thoroughly.




Then, I microwaved the empty shells for 15 seconds to dry them out completely. 
Here are the clean shiny egg shells...
 

Next, melt Chocolate and put in 1 teaspoon of the melted chocolate inside the egg shell and coated the sides with a spoon till the inside of the egg shell is completely covered.




Freeze the chocolate coated egg shells in the refrigerator till the chocolate gets hard.
Remove from fridge and peel off the egg shells.I was honestly surprised and thrilled that  the shells come off easily leaving behind a smooth chocolate egg shell. While peeling the shells, some parts of the shells were stubborn and they did poke under my nails and  hurt me.. :(



Fill the egg shells with cream cheese and put them in the fridge to set.


When set,scoop out a tiny portion in the middle and squeeze in yellow colored butter icing to look like yolks.

Wow...your Chocolate soft boil look alike egg is ready!!




You can see my Chocolate Eggs below, which I served on Easter with my homemade Chocolate Easter Egg in the background..



The kids admiring the chocolate soft boil egg !!



 Chocolate Eggs with Cream Cheese

For Egg shells:
12 eggs
100 gms  Dark Chocolate

For cream cheese filling:
150g (about 5oz) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar  or confectioners' sugar, sifted
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

For the Egg yolk:   
Make Butter Icing with..
1 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp icing sugar
Yellow color


Place the cream cheese, icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until the mixture is smooth and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.


Whip the thickened cream in a separate mixing bowl to stiff peaks   


Gently combine the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until it is smooth. 

Carefully spoon or pipe the mixture into the prepared chocolate shells. Chill eggs till the cream cheese is set.

Next,scoop out a tiny portion from the center of the set cream cheese.

Make the butter icing by creaming  butter and adding the sugar and yellow color.Pipe into the tiny scooped out centers to look like yolks.

Done! Aren't they pretty?

It was indeed satisfying and reasonably easy to make these eggs from scratch and it was not at all complicated like I thought it would be!! Try them..you will get loads of oohhs and awwws from your guests!! :) :) :)



Pin It now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com