Monday, November 7, 2011

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Ice cream


My Ice cream maker
Of course I’m an Ice cream maniac! My family knows that only too well! Hence, when my sister came down from USA she carried a huge parcel for me as a belated birthday gift. When I unwrapped it, guess what popped out? Cuisinart’s Ice cream and Frozen Yogurt Maker! Wow, was I thrilled? Yes and yes. (This ice cream maker is not available here in India.)From now on, no more store bought unhealthy ice creams - only nourishing and wholesome frozen yogurts with fresh fruits and frozen sorbets will do for me! I made Vanilla Frozen Yogurt and Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt the very next day I unpacked my Ice cream Maker. 
Here is the simple refreshing tangy fresh frozen yoghurt I made :

Vanilla Frozen Yogurt Recipe

Frozen yoghurt with Bilberry topping
2 cups strained Yogurt or Greek-style yogurt or Hung curd
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
Churning away
Pinch of salt
Mix together the yogurt, sugar, and vanilla essence and salt. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Pour it in your ice cream maker and run the machine. In 20 minutes your frozen yoghurt is ready!Yum!

Tip:
If you do not have an ice cream maker..no problem! You can freeze it in a tray in the fridge. For softer consistency, when partly frozen, take it out of the freezer, beat it well with a wooden spoon and freeze again. Done!

How to make 1 cup of strained yogurt :
You need-
2 cups - good quality plain whole milk yogurt.
Strained Yoghurt
 Take a strainer with very fine mesh, and balance it on the rim of a bowl. Put the yoghurt in the strainer, cover and let it sit in the fridge overnight. The next morning, the liquid from the yoghurt would have  drained on to the bowl and the curd in the strainer is thick and creamy. Your strained yogurt is ready for use in any recipe of your choice.




Vanilla Frozen Yoghurt
With Strawberry topping



Suggested toppings-
I love to have my frozen yoghurt with :
·         Homemade Strawberry Preserve ,
·         Homemade Bilberry Preserve
·         Chopped fresh fruits particularly bananas.

Enjoy! :)


Pin It now!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Yummy!!! You should start an icecream shop now!! I'll pitch a tent inside!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!!I think it is lil late in the day to think about starting shops.:)Anyway you are most welcome to pitch your tent in my garden!LOL.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com