Monday, May 28, 2012

Thai Stir Fry Basil Chicken

   When I was at Chennai, I managed to buy some Thai Basil leaves at a supermarket. Back at home in Salem, I picked the Basil leaves and planted the stems in a potted plant. I was thrilled when new shoots sprouted out and now I have a tiny Basil garden! A couple of days back , I gathered my first batch of basil leaves and decided to try out this absolutely awesome Thai Stir Fry Basil Chicken. I don’t know whether this is an authentic recipe, as I’ve never tasted Basil Chicken in a Thai Restaurant. I followed the basic recipe in Temple of Thai with a few changes here and there.

The Basil plant in my garden:


Here’s how my dish turned out to be :


Thai Stir Fry Basil Chicken

Ingredients:


1/2 kg boneless chicken breast, sliced into strips
6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup sliced onion
3 tsp dark soy sauce
2 spoons oyster sauce
3 spoons fish sauce
1 spoons red Thai hot sauce
2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
2  whole red chilies( pounded with a mortar and pestle)or crushed paprika flakes
1 cup fresh Thai basil leaves (or 1/4 cup dried basil, soaked to soften)
 1 teaspoon palm sugar
1 cup mixed bell peppers
Dash of ground white pepper
2-3 spoons oil
!/4 cup spring onions or green onions chopped fine.
Method:
Mix the fish sauce, oyster sauce, red hot sauce in a bowl .Add palm sugar and lemon juice whisk all the ingredients .Keep aside.
  • Heat a wok.
  • Swirl in the oil.
  • Stir in the garlic.
  • Add sliced onions and stir for a few seconds.
  • Add chicken slices. Stir-fry till brown
  • Stir in bell peppers
  • Add the sauce mixture and stir-fry till brown and cooked.
  • Mix in the fresh basil leaves and spring onions. Stir-fry for another half a minute, or until the basil is wilted and the chicken is cooked through. Sprinkle with white pepper. Stir.
  • Serve with plain steamed rice.
                      Enjoy! :)
Pin It now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com