Thursday, June 13, 2013

What If ?


GBE BLOG ON: WEEK #108 : WHAT IF?
 This week's writing prompt/challenge on the GBE..WHAT IF?


 What if fairy tales are not fantasy fiction but a reality? What if elves, fairies, fairy godmother are really existent? What a wonderful and joyful world this would be!

 What if I got up in the morning and found the elves (
à la The Elves and the Shoemaker) have cleaned up my house, washed the dishes and even whipped up breakfast for me? Cute!

PUSS IN BOOTS

What if the sneaky white stray cat which strolls around my house, checking out devious means to enter my kitchen and steal food, was like Puss in Boots? Puss in Boots, the chivalrous, gallant, courteous and helpful cat will even find a groom for my youngest daughter!Charming!




FLOWER FAIRIES
What if I had   flower fairies living in the flowers in my garden, cleaning and polishing my flowers?
Then they will  dance in gay abandon throughout the night and leave fairy circles in the morning for me to admire! Delightful!

FAIRY GODMOTHER

What if I had a fairy godmother at my beck and call, who can grant my wishes with the wave of her magic wand? Awesome, lucky me!
    
What if my writing fairy writes my blogs and novels, which naturally becomes bestsellers and gets me the Bookies Award! Fabulous!              
 



                                                                             

What if there are only fairy tale romances with a handsome prince sweeping you off your feet? Adorably sweet!

 What if good always overcomes evil and justice prevails as in fairy tales?
                                                                                                     Splendid!
 
And finally, WHAT IF life is always about, 'And they lived happily ever after ' ?
 
What a marvelous world it would be!




Pin It now!

9 comments:

  1. What about the gnomes, goblins and witches...what would we do with them then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forget them! :) After all the wicked are always destroyed ...:)

      Delete
  2. I've always believed you must have rain to appreciate sunshine and pain to appreciate pleasure so...fairy tales are fun, but real life is marvelous!

    Great take on the topic and it never hurts to fantasize just a bit about the perfect world. 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a dreamer Jo :) Love to fantasize :)

      Delete
  3. Oh ho, but with good elves come the bad. What if Brownies hid your shoes and spoiled the milk.

    A fun post Laila, I've enjoyed this same what-if for most of my life. Have a lovely day -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. Where the bad elves and mischievous Brownies are concerned,could I be having selective amnesia? :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh but to see w/o the what if's and peacefully rejoice. This i think is why we love WRITING!! if you can imagine it..it IS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've worded it so well Brenda..thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm with Jo on this, fairy tales are fun to read, but real life is more fun to live. I don't think I would be motivated if I always knew the outcome, and if nothing was ever in my way there would be no reason for me to move.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
speedbloggertemplate.co.cc. Powered by Blogger.com